Thursday, November 6, 2014

Crate Paper "Open Book" layout by Mel Connell


Hello everyone, just stopping by to share a layout I have done using the new Open Book paper range from Crate Paper. This yummy collection is available ins toe right now at Tomorrow's memories if you wanted to get your hands on some. 


This is a fun bright range with Photographic Elements on it, like the cute little image of the girl with glasses, so i thought I'd use small pictures and create a clustered look.



I have cut out strips of the paper and made some double point banner strips, layered over this with a folded piece of pattern paper to create a secret fold out journalling spot. Sometimes you have something to say, but don't really want everyone to read it, so making the secret or hidden journalling places if wonderful for that. 


I added some of the cut paper elements and some paper flowers and my pictures to the front of this fold out part. 


On my background I have used the New Prima white crackle paste through a stencil to get some texture. try to let this dry naturally if you can, you get much better crackle effect that way. then splatted on some of the Prima colour bloom sprays. 


I added some hand stitched detailing around the edge and you end up with a fairly quick, cute, fun layout. 


I'd love to see your take if you give this a go. 

Thanks for stopping by again. 

Mel xxxx

No comments: